Jun 30, 2015

The Love of God in Christ Jesus Card

card 1
 I'm so thankful that NOTHING can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!  This beautiful calligraphy stamp is by Stamp A Mania.  To create this card I cut out the scalloped label from a Spellbinders die.  I then applied the inks pictured below to my craft mat (or wax paper) and spritzed them with water.  I laid the paper and die over the ink wash to pick up the color and then heat set to dry.
ink
FiberScraps Walnut Ink Tintz are one of my favorite products.  The colors are simply WONDERFUL and they are much easier to use for this technique than other products on the market.  Unfortunately they are not readily available on the internet, but some LSS may still sell them.  You can get a similar look by brushing Distress Ink pads onto a craft mat and spritzing with water.  
card 2
 I made this card for the Stamping Sensations June 2015 Challenge, Dies & Punches, found HERE.  The rest of the dies are by Tim Holtz.  The honeycomb stamp is by Stamper's Anonymous.  I stamped it in olive chalk ink.
card 3
 I cut the sea critters out with scrapbook paper and put them in the ink bath too.
card 4
I distressed the edges of the card with the Distress tool.
card 5
 Oh to have the skills to create such beautiful calligraphy!
card 6
 I tore some of my DIY tattered and dyed ribbon, tutorial HERE, in half to make super skinny ribbon, to which I also gave a wash bath.  Here it reminded me of cheesecloth, or fishing net.
card 6
I was really pleased with this card and just played until it came together, never with the intention of making a sea themed card!  But thought the depths of the sea appropriate here, when we are reminded that neither height nor depth can separate us from the God's love!  Thanks so much for visiting!


3 comments:

brenda said...

A great card and such lovely texture with the sea creatures.

Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Eret said...

Such a wonderful card. Love the colors and all the texture. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Nancy Briges said...

Our ATC in AAWA for July is themed seahorses! Thanks for the beautiful design inspiration!

Popular Posts