Jul 29, 2015

Hope Maketh Not Ashamed Journal Page

DLP 1
I am in journal mode after spending the weekend making cardboard crush journals, so I wanted to share this page, "Hope Maketh Not Ashamed" with you.  This page was inspired by the Documented Life challenge of using your "inky papers".
DLP 2
I cut a big 'ole circle out of my newsprint pad, which I journal over, and glued it right in the middle of my page.  I actually use my newsprint pad as a palette when needed, but usually pour paint directly onto my pages.  I layered the promise sticker over the cutout.
DLP 3
I added little torn bits of paper and washi, lots of doodling and stamping.
DLP 4
Used some pale paint with a new stencil and some rubons.
DLP 5
Everyone asked why I made the little girl off centered.  I guess it was figurative in my mind of not being on top of the world, but leaning a little to the left...
DLP 6
I love using rubons, a technique learned from Christy Tomlinson's old videos.
DLP 7
Some actual journaling here and a lovely label reminding me to "read instructions before cutting" which is so funny to me.  I always jump into things head first and think later - "I should have thought that through!"
DLP 8
Again, my pages are part of my spiritual process of really taking things I am learning full circle.  Our promise in Christ is certain, regardless of conditions as this definition says.  He will not change and this is what gives us the kind of hope that makes us unashamed.  There have been so many times in life that I hoped for things that let me down so deeply and the feeling of disappointment again and again imparts a certain shame in the soul.  But THIS hope, this heavenly hope, this hope that is certain makes us not ashamed!  I am so thankful...
DLP 9
So this is my upcycled journal page repurposed from file folders.  I'm really digging it!  If you haven't signed up for the Documented Life Project, go now!  Click HERE.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow.......such a pretty journal page, amazing detail! I have not ventured into creating a journal as yet. Love what you have created, maybe I need to give it a go!

Kelly Warren said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your process!

Dianne said...

Gorgeous!

Popular Posts