Ahhh Distress Oxide! Below are some of my inky background experiments. I'm still playing and finding new ways to use these new ink pads.
Making my own backgrounds is my absolute favorite thing to do! After accumulating a good stash I decided to take it a step further and create a finished card. My backgrounds were all done on heavy watercolor card. I embossed it with an embossing folder and sanded the raised areas to get this look. I was surprised at how well the sanding worked, perhaps it is because the DOX sits on the surface of the paper more so than regular DI, because it's chalky or pigmented.
I cased this card from the lovely Audrey Pettit. I just had to recreate her beautiful project substituting DOX for her embossing techniques and my lovely new Fine Flowers Vol. 2 stamp set by Darkroom Door.
I tried the no line watercolor, first in yellow and green direct to rubber. After I watercolored it, I felt it needed some contrast, so I overstamped in Vintage Photo. I don't have a MISTI, so the stamping was off some and I went with it, and rather like that look.
Below I'm sharing another embossing folder test. This is an inky DOX background with regular DI applied to the embossing folder, lightly spritzed with water, and run through the machine. I tried DOX directly to the folder the same way and didn't like it as well. The beauty of DOX backgrounds is the ability to layer regular DI over it and maintain the oxidized look. These two types of pads work so beautifully together!
I'm sharing with: